The Work packages and deliverables of the NeuroBasic-PharmaPhenomics program warrant a considerable amount of new applications and technical products as well as an enormous development in knowledge.
- novel screening tools that will lead to more refined and faster trials in the drug development process;
- new animal models, with genotypes representing models for neurological disease and endophenotypes of psychiatric diseases, which provide new valuable tools for the drug discovery process
- new drug classes with more direct effects and decreased side effects;
- new and improved hardware instruments for automated behavioral screening, including stimulus delivery and response measurement devices, and cage improvements;
- new and improved software for automated measurement of individual and social behavior, advanced data analysis and visualization, and distributed processing (grid computing);
- novel computational methods for complex data analysis needed to explore the multi-dimensional space of molecular to behavioral parameters.